Just a quick post today. I have to share the chicken salad I made Charles for lunch today ~ it came out quite tasty. I used leftover roasted chicken; happened to be white meat today but the dark meat works too if you prefer. Just a simple recipe some celery for crunch and mustard for a little extra flavor. It goes great with whole grain wheat bread or any kind you prefer.
Quick and Easy Chicken Salad
- 1 cup chicken
- 1/4 cup celery
- 1/8 cup sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup mayo (more or less to your liking)
- 1/4 tsp spicy brown mustard
- a pinch of celery salt
- salt and pepper
Dice chicken and finely dice celery and pepper. Mix everything together and serve.
This recipe is incredibly versatile. Adjust to your liking ~ here are a few suggestions:
- use tuna or crab instead of chicken
- add onion if desired
- any kind of mustard will work if you have a favorite
- eggs are a delicious addition
- add grapes for a sweet twist
- pecans or walnuts add a nice texture
Just use your imagination and make your own perfect chicken salad ~ mine is always different ~ Charles really enjoyed the diced red pepper today and that was something I’d never thought of before. You just never know what will come to mind next!
Enjoy ~ Kimberly