I made this dish for for lunch yesterday. It was very good; really more than we should have eaten! This was a great alternative to my usual spaghetti dishes. I really enjoyed the fresh mushrooms and the green pepper. I’ve come to learn that marjoram always works well with tomato dishes; it used to be one of my underused spices but I find it making its way into more and more dishes all the time.
Chicken and Mushrooms with Tomato Sauce
- 1 large boneless chicken breast 6 o.z. fresh mushrooms ~ cut into sliced or chunks
- 1/4 cup onion ~ sliced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup green pepper ~ diced
- 1 jalapeno ~ diced 1 clove garlic ~ minced
- 2/3 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 tsp marjoram salt and pepper to taste
- 2 – 3 o.z. angel hair pasta ~ cooked according to package directions
- 2 – 3 o.z. goat cheese or mozzarella if desired
In large skillet heat oil; add mushrooms and onion. Cook about 5 minutes. Meanwhile cut chicken breast into small pieces. Add green pepper, jalapeno, garlic, and chicken to mushrooms and cook for an additional 7 – 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in diced tomato season with marjoram, salt and pepper. Serve over cooked pasta; sprinkle with cheese and broil for 2 – 3 minutes if desired.
Enjoy ~ Kimberly