I had a lonely chicken breast in the fridge just waiting to be used. I opted for a quick noodle and veggie dish for the two of us. It’s hard to not over cook and overeat so I’ve been trying to scale back some of my dishes. This was just enough for dinner, although I could have and would have eaten more if it was there! The asparagus lost its color a bit with the way I cooked it, perhaps a quick blanch first would have helped but the flavor was great.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 large boneless chicken breast – diced or sliced
- 1 Tbs olive oil – I used an olive oil with a hint of cumin but any flavor or plain will work great
- salt, pepper and a bit of cayenne if desired
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus
- juice of half a lemon and some zest if desired
Cook noodles according to package directions. In skillet heat oil, add chicken breast. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne and cook for 5 – 6 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Add asparagus to skillet and cook a few minutes or until asparagus is tender. Stir in garlic, lemon and egg noodles; heat and serve.
Enjoy ~ Kimberly